Until two duck trackers gazed over the side of their boat during a dry period at the turn of the twentieth century, their tale was rejected as a simple Indian myth.
They discovered a massive pyramidal structure in the depths of Rock Lake, which was gloomy and enormous. Due to the dissolving of underlying permeability supported by pollution, the covered development has been the subject of discussion since then.
On April 11, 1936, Dr. Fayette Morgan, a neighboring dental expert and early nonmilitary person pilot in Wisconsin, was the first person to observe Rock Lake from above. From the open cockpit of his thin biplane circling at 500 feet, he observed the faint states of two rectangular buildings on the bottom section of the lake around its center.
He made several passes and saw their normal dimensions as well as their enormous size, which he estimated to be in excess of 100 feet apiece. Dr. Morgan arrived to refuel and raced home to retrieve his camera, after which he dashed out to capture the imprinted things on film. When he returned across the lake, the lowering markers had blended in the late twilight light.
Attempts to photograph or even find them from the air were futile until 1940 when they were rediscovered by a local pilot, Armand Vandre, and his rear cockpit eyewitness, Elmer Wollin.
In any event, they were taken aback by an unexpected sight when their single-motor aircraft banked over the lake’s south end at less than 1,000 feet. Under twenty feet of water, a gigantic, flawlessly focused triangular construction pointing straight north sat under them. Towards the apex, a handful of black circles remained close together.
Underneath Rock Lake’s outer layer, 10 different patterns may be discovered. Two of them were prepared and filmed using skin jumpers and sonar. Limnatis Pyramid, No. 1, has a 60-foot base width, a 100-foot length, and a height of 18 feet, albeit only about 10 feet of it is above the silty sludge.
It’s a slender pyramid built mostly of round, black stones. On the truncated top, the stones are squarish. The remnants of the mortar coating may be seen. Vandre and Wollin estimated the length of each of the delta’s corresponding sides to be 300 feet. Upper east of the triangle was a small, densely covered island, maybe 1,500 feet long and 400 feet broad.
A straight line that went underwater from the southern coast to the pinnacle of the covered delta was even more amazing. When Frank Joseph mentioned the sighting to Lloyd Hornbostel, a local geologist, he assumed the line was the remnants of a massive stone river that connected Rock Lake to Aztalan, three miles away.
Aztalan is now a 21-section land archeological park with a barred barrier that partially encloses the Sun and Moon Pyramids, two earth sanctuary hills. At its peak in the late thirteenth century, the stylized emphasis was twice as large. It featured three circular separators with lookouts encasing a ternion of pyramidal earthworks completed with wooden sanctuaries at the time.
Aztalan was associated with the Upper Mississippian Culture, which thrived across the American Midwest and into the South in its last stage, beginning about 1,100 AD, and had its most established known roots in the third century BC, according to scientific testing.
Its population peaked at 20,000 people, who lived on both sides of the divide. They were following the advice of stargazer clergy who had successfully modified their pyramids for the estimate of a few cosmic events such as the winter solstice, moon phases, and Venus regions.
Around the year 1320, the Aztalaners inexplicably lit a match to their city, causing the fire to engulf the city’s walls. According to long-standing Winnebago oral tradition, they retreated far to the south. Their huge exodus coincided with the Aztec state’s unexpected progress in the Valley of Mexico.
“When we finally direct our research into the water and test its depths for the lost fountain of terrestrial civilization—Atlantis,” says the author, “the discovery of lowered buildings there may foreshadow a much greater one to come.”
Rock Lake is significant for its covered stone buildings, which include pyramidal entombment hills of individuals who worked in the copper mines of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula between 3000 and 1200 BC. According to Frank Joseph, the mines were most likely burrowed and confined by Atlantean engineers, and as a result, at least a fraction of the underwater burial chambers contains the bones of Atlantean employees.